Brand: FORENSICS DETECTORS
Compatible Detectors: All
- ⚛️ Description: This is a generic moisture filter, otherwise known as a humidity filter, water-vapor filter, or air dryer filter. This tool is used to reduce the moisture content of an air or gas sample prior to analysis by a gas sensor. Removing moisture is important as most sensor technologies have cross-sensitivity to water vapor. These filters are commonly used in combustion line setups, breath analysis, or in humid sample environments (tanks, silos, caves, etc...).
- 📶 How does it work? Silica gel is a desiccant that can hold 30 to 40% of its weight in water. Water molecules stick to silica bead surfaces through adsorption. Each bead has many tiny interconnected pores, resulting in a high surface area. These desiccant beads are dark blue and will change to a light pink when they have absorbed the maximum amount of moisture and need to be changed. Note: when they start to turn pink, they have usually about 40% life left. How soon you change them depends on personal preference and how important it is that you get no moisture in your air line.
- 👫 Instructions: Connect the filter in line with the air supply line tubing. The filter is bi-directional so it does not matter which way it is connected. One end is the input and the other is the output to the sensor.
- 🔣 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.1 in x 1.3 in x 1.3 in
- Weight: 1 oz
- Barb length: 0.8 in
- Barb outer diameter: 0.2 in
- Active material: blue beads cobalt chloride (0.005%)