Brand: FORENSICS DETECTORS
Compatible Detectors: All
- ⚛️ Description: This is a 4-angstrom pore opening molecular sieve filter used to filter large-diameter molecules. See here for adsorbed components. Molecular sieves are often used instead of desiccants or activated carbon. For example, they are used in the filtration of air supplies for breathing equipment used by scuba divers and firefighters. In such applications, the air is supplied by an air compressor and is passed through a cartridge filter. Depending on the application, the filter is filled with molecular sieve and/or activated carbon. They are also used to charge breathing air tanks. Such filtration can remove particulates and compressor exhaust products from the air supply.
- 📶 How does it work? Molecular sieves are crystalline metal aluminosilicates with a three-dimensional interconnecting network of silica and alumina tetrahedra. The material has uniform pores. These pore diameters are small enough to prevent large molecules from passing through, while smaller molecules can. Adsorbed species include SO2, CO2, H2S, C2H4, C2H6, and C3H6.
- 👫 Instructions: Connect the filter in line with the air supply tubing. The filter is bi-directional so it does not matter which way it is connected. One end is the input while the output is directed to the sensor.
- 🔣 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.1 in x 1.3 in x 1.3 in
- Weight: 1 oz
- Barb length: 0.8 in
- Barb outer diameter: 0.2 in
- Active material: 4-angstrom pore opening molecular sieve