Brand: FORENSICS DETECTORS
Compatible detectors: All
- ⚛️ Description: This is an activated carbon filter used to reduce the acidic gas concentration of samples before analysis by a sensor, detector, or meter. Removing these gases is especially important when using electrochemical sensor technology. Acidic gas may create an erroneous signal when measuring gases such as hydrogen (H2) or carbon monoxide (CO). SO2, NOx, ozone, HCl, hydrocarbons, and other organic vapors can be effectively reduced using this filter.
- 📶 How does it work? Each granule of activated carbon is covered with tiny pores externally and internally. Due to the high surface area, activated carbon is able to selectively adsorb and retain gas molecules. Here is a list of gas molecules that activated carbon adsorbs - click here.
- 👫 Instructions: Connect the filter in line with the air supply tubing. As the filter is bi-directional, it does not matter which way it is connected. One end is the input the other is the output which is directed to the sensor.
- 🔣 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.1 in x 1.3 in x 1.3 in
- Weight: 1 oz
- Barb length: 0.8 inches
- Barb outer diameter: 0.2 inches
- Active material: activated carbon, coarse, 100% food grade