- 🚗 USES: Exhaust leaks in aircraft, vehicles, school buses, trucks, and fleet vehicles. Gas exposure can trigger headaches, nausea, and fatigue.
- 🔬ACCURATE: CO low-level alarm at 9 ppm & 25 ppm according to WHO, EPA, ASHRAE, OSHA, and NIOSH recommended exposure levels.
- 🔔 FAST ALARMS: Alarms at > 9 ppm in 60 secs, compared to home CO detectors that only alarm > 70 ppm in 60 - 240 minutes. Bright LED and buzzer alarms.
- 👫 EASY USE: Continuous 8 - 12 month operation with same batteries. Easy one-button operation. Small form factor (2oz). 3M stick-on mount.
- 🕵️ TRUSTWORTHY: ** 1-year limited warranty ** Arrives factory-calibrated ** Product tested and verified in the USA * Equipped with top-tier Japanese CO sensor **
Details: Our CO Aircraft and Vehicle CO Detector has undergone significant improvements in version 2.0 (FD-CAR002) compared to our previous version, FD-CAR001. The new version boasts brighter LED alarms, a soft rubber touch feel, a larger LCD display, and a key ring for battery replacement. With the FD-CAR002, low levels of CO detection are possible, preventing CO exposure from exhaust leaks or polluted air entering the vehicle. This feature ensures that you can have peace of mind and take preventative care to avoid headaches, nausea, and fatigue. The FORENSICS carbon monoxide detector was designed with "reliability and ease of use" in mind, making it ideal for pilots or aircraft and helicopters, police, truck drivers, vehicle owners, emergency vehicles, train drivers, UBER, fleet vehicles, personal vehicle operation, and personal protection for travel.
The CO alarms are set at 9 ppm with red LED and 25 ppm with an audible buzzer sound (70 dB) to ensure maximum protection. These alarm levels were chosen based on recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH). The CO alarm includes smart detection algorithms designed in the USA, a high-quality sensor made in Japan, and a product assembled in the PRC. The small, modern, aluminum-alloy body gives a real "metal finish" high-quality touch at only 2 oz. It comes with a robust case and a 3M stick-on mount option. Unlike regular CO alarms for the home, which are too slow and alert in 60 to 240 minutes over 70 ppm, the FD-CAR002 is designed to detect CO levels at an early stage, preventing fatigue and drowsiness from leading to accidents.
Included: CO detector with 2 x CR2032 batteries installed, plastic sleeve mount with adhesive, key ring with a sling, 2 x CR2032 (extra spare batteries), and clear instructions in English.
Accessories (sold separately):
Bump Gas (CO) (for testing)
Size: 2.8 x 1.9 x 0.7 inches
Weight: 3.5 oz
Sensor: electrochemical sensor, made in Japan
Battery: 2 x CR2032
Battery life: 6 - 8 months on standby, shorter if alarms
LED: max level indicator / CO alarm indicator
Buzzer: sound alarm, 70 dB at 1 meter
Working temperature: -10°C to 50°C (14°F to 122°F)
Working humidity: 15 - 90% RH
CO detection range: 9 ppm to 999 ppm
Resolution: 1 ppm with 0.5 secs averaging & refresh rate
CO accuracy: ±10% of CO reading
Lifetime: 3 years (end of life on the detector back reminder sticker)