Brand: FORENSICS DETECTORS
Blog Article: Click Here
- ⚛️ Description: Used within our combustion kit, this filter is used when sampling combustion or flue gas. The filter media is a mix of activated carbon with alumina and potassium permanganate to reduce the acidic gas concentration and silica gel desiccant to reduce moisture and gas stream humidity.
- 📶 How does it work? Each granule of activated carbon is covered with tiny pores externally and internally. Due to the high surface area, activated carbon is able to selectively adsorb and retain gas molecules. This filter is effective in reducing gases such as SO2, NOx, ozone, HCl, hydrocarbons, and other organic vapors. The desiccant media helps remove water vapor to prevent cross-sensitivity with the sensor technology.
- 👫 Instructions: Connect the filter in line with the air supply tubing. As the filter is bi-directional, it does not matter which way it is connected. One end is the input the other is the output which is directed to the sensor. Typically used in Combustion Analyzers. The filter requires positive pressure from an external pump or internal built-in pump detector setup.
- 🔣 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 3.1 in x 1.3 in x 1.3 in
- Weight: 1 oz
- Barb length: 0.8 in
- Barb outer diameter: 0.2 in
- Active material: coarse activated carbon food grade with activated alumina and potassium permanganate