- 🔋 ACCURACY: Made to detect diborane gas (B2H6) in air, 0 - 5 ppm with 0.1 ppm resolution. Comes FACTORY-CALIBRATED.
- ⚛️ DETECT: Electrochemical cell sensor and response time: T < 30 sec. Zero and span calibration options. Comes factory-calibrated.
- 🎆 ALARMS: Adjustable audio, visual, and vibration alarms alert when preset levels are reached. Alarms come with digital time stamping and logging.
- 💪 STRONG: Shockproof, water-resistant, dustproof, and explosion-proof with belt clip. Rechargeable Li-ion battery 1500 mAh via micro-USB cable, comes with all accessories.
- 🕵️ TRUSTWORTHY: ** 1-year limited warranty ** Arrives with calibration and QA certificates ** Product tested and verified in the USA **
Details: The professional Diborane gas meter (B2H6) by FORENSICS. Diborane gas, also known as diboron hexahydride or B2H6 gas, is a colorless and highly toxic gas with a sharp, pungent odor. It is composed of two boron atoms and six hydrogen atoms and is primarily used in the semiconductor industry. The Occupational Exposure Limit (OEL) for diborane is 0.1 parts per million (ppm) for 8 hours. Exposure to 15 ppm or higher can have immediate health effects and exposure to higher concentrations can be fatal. Diborane is also highly flammable. Skin absorption, vapor pressure, water solubility, and other factors should also be considered for safety.
Diborane gas is primarily used in the chemical industry as a reducing agent and a building block for synthesizing other boron compounds. It's employed in the semiconductor industry for doping silicon and germanium, serving as a source of boron in chemical vapor deposition processes. Additionally, diborane is used in rocket fuel mixtures due to its high-energy release upon combustion, although its use is limited by its reactivity and toxicity.
Included: Gas detector, belt clip, sling, English manual, USB charging cable, calibration cover, and USA NIST calibration certificate.
Calibration Kit (sold separately):
Calibration Gas (CO) (Surrogate Gas 1ppm CO : 6ppm B2H6 is used for calibration)
Calibration Gas Regulator (C10)
Accessories (sold separately):
Pump and Probe
Gas Detector Hard Case
Gas Detector Pouch
Gas Detector Stand
Gas Sensor Replacement (B2H6) (email us)
Gas Detector Calibration Service
Carbon DIborane Gas (B2H6) detection: 0 - 5 ppm with 0.1 ppm resolution
Accuracy: better than ± 5% F.S
Response time: T < 30 sec
Indication: LCD indicates the time, concentration, temp, and battery state
Alarm: Indication of alarm, fault, and low voltage with LED, sound, and vibration Operating temperature: 0F - 122F
Operating humidity: < 95% RH non-condensing
Voltage: DC 3.7V Li-battery 1500 mAh
Working time: > 24 hours
Charging time: 4 hours
Sensor life: 2 - 3 years
Protection category: IP65
Weight: about 130 g (including battery)