- ⚛️ DETECT: Ultrasensitive, Mercaptan (CH4S) gas detector, 0 - 10 ppm with 0.01 ppm resolution. Comes FACTORY-CALIBRATED.
- 🌷 ACCURATE: Electrochemical cell sensor with accuracy ≤ ± 10% F.S. and response time T < 30 sec. Zero and span calibration options.
- 🎆 ALARMS: Adjustable audio, visual, and vibration alarms. Temperature, battery, and time tracking.
- 💪 STRONG: Shockproof, water-resistant, dustproof, and explosion-proof. Belt clip, charger, cable, and case included.
- 🕵️ TRUSTWORTHY: ** 1-year limited warranty ** Arrives with calibration and QA certificates ** Product tested and verified in the USA **
Details: This is our professional Mercaptan (CH4S) gas detector by FORENSICS with advanced functions that comes factory-calibrated. Mercaptan is sometimes referred to as mercaptan, methyl mercaptan, or methanethiol. Its chemical formula is presented as CH4S, MeSH, or CH3SH. Mercaptan is used as a gas odorant; an intermediate in the production of pesticides, jet fuels, and plastics; and in the synthesis of the amino acid methionine. Because methyl mercaptan is a gas a ambient temperature, the most likely exposure routes are inhalation and dermal. It has pungent garlic, rotten cabbage, or a skunk-like odor. OSHA PEL is recommended at 10 ppm over 8 hours and NIOSH recommended exposure is 0.5 ppm over 10 hours.
Included: Mercaptan gas detector, belt clip, sling, English manual, USB charging cable, calibration cover, and USA NIST calibration certificate.
Calibration Kit (sold separately):
Calibration Gas (H2S) (Surrogate Gas 5ppm H2S : 10ppm CH4S is used for calibration - email us for this special H2S 5ppm concentration)
Calibration Gas Regulator (C10)
Bump Gas (H2S)
Other Accessories (sold separately):
Pump and Probe
Gas Detector Hard Case
Gas Detector Pouch
Gas Detector Stand
Gas Sensor Replacement (email us)
Calibration Service (sold separately):
Gas Detector Calibration Service
Mercaptan (CH4S) detection: 0 - 10 ppm with 0.01 ppm resolution
Accuracy: ≤ ± 10% F.S.
Response time: less than 30 sec
Indication: LCD indicates the time, concentration, temp, and battery state
Alarm: Indication of alarm and low voltage with LED, sound, and vibration
Operating temperature: 0F - 122F
Operating humidity: less than 95% RH non-condensing
Voltage: DC 3.7V Li-battery 1500 mAh
Working time: > 24 hours
Charging time: 4 hours
Sensor life: 2 - 3 years
Protection category: IP65
Weight: about 130 g (including battery)