Carbon monoxide (CO) is a deadly gas that must be taken seriously. It is known as the "silent killer" because it is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. The sooner and faster it is detected the safer we are. Also, certain groups are more sensitive to the adverse health effects of carbon monoxide. These groups include seniors, the elderly, pregnant women, young children, and those with medical conditions. The only way to protect yourself is to ensure you have a functioning carbon monoxide detector. Carbon monoxide detectors and meters are used for personal protection, camping, RV, cars, aircraft, EMS, marine and boating, ice fishing, and home protection.