- ⚛️ QUALITY: Electrochemical sensor made in Japan, 0 - 100 ppm with 1 ppm resolution & accuracy ± 3 ppm. Comes FACTORY-CALIBRATED. Turn ON and GO.
- 🐓 USES: Poultry, pig, livestock, cattle, & fish farms, horse stables, landfills, animal welfare shelters, waste management, feed/protein optimization, and OH&S verification.
- 💪 EASY USE: plush rubber grip, large digital display, 9V battery included, and low battery indicator.
- 🎆 ALARM: 1st alarm > 35 ppm
- 🕵️ TRUSTWORTHY: ** 1-year limited warranty ** Arrives with QA signature USA certificates ** Product tested and verified in the USA **
Details: The FORENSICS basic ammonia detector is made to be a workhorse with its easy one-button operation. Turn ON and detect immediately with no complicated setup. The detector is constructed with a high-quality electrochemical sensor made in Japan. Comes factory-calibrated. Ammonia is a toxic gas that requires continuous detection to ensure wellness for occupants and your livestock, particularly in occupational spaces, farms, and stables. NH3 is used in farm fertilizers, commercial refrigeration, water purification, treatment facilities, chemical plants, high-technology manufacturing, household cleaners, and cold storage lockers. Set by OSHA, the Permissible Exposure Limit for ammonia is 50 parts per million (ppm) averaged over an eight-hour workday. The NIOSH Recommended Exposure Limit (REL) for ammonia is 25 ppm averaged over an eight-hour workday. NIOSH also defines a Short-Term Exposure Limit (STEL) of 35 ppm during any 15-minute period in the day. Please note this is our Basic NH3 detector. We offer our Professional NH3 version, which is also a handheld NH3 detector but with more functionality such as user calibration and multiple alarm modes. We also offer a permanent wall-mounted fixed NH3 monitor.
Included: NH3 gas detector, cloth case, installed 9V battery, and easy-to-read English manual.
Accessories (sold separately):
Bump Gas (can use H2S)
Gas Sensor Replacement (NH3)
Gas Detector Hard Case
Gas Detector Pouch
Gas Detector Stand
Gas Detector Calibration Service (single gas)
NH3 range: 0 - 100 ppm
Response/recovery time: less than 40 secs
Resolution: 1 ppm
Error: better than 5% F.S.
Operation temperature: 0 to 50°C
Storage temperature: 0 to 50°C
Working humidity: 0 - 90% RH
Product dimensions: 160 mm x 56 mm x 41 mm
Weight: 228 g (with battery)
Automatic shutdown: 15 minutes
Sensor: electrochemical NH3 sensor